Web Accessibility & The Law
Tuesday, April 29th, 1-2:30pm ET
As of January 1, 2014, the first web accessibility deadline passed under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). This deadline required thousands of organizations in Ontario to be legally obligated to adhere to strict web accessibility guidelines when developing websites along with other compliance requirements.
In this 75-minute webinar, Andrew Schiestel (the President at AODA Online and tbk Creative) and Andre Lefort (the Head of Technology at AODA Online and tbk Creative) will cover:
- The real challenges people with disabilities have when using the web.
- An introduction to what web accessibility is.
- An introduction to WCAG 2.0 Level A (what the legislation requires groups to adhere to).
- Your web accessibility obligations under the AODA.
- An introduction into WCAG 2.0 Level A for HTML websites.
- An introduction into WCAG 2.0 Level A for PDF documentation.
- An open forum Question & Answer period for attendees
To register for the webinar, fill in the information to the right. An email from Gotowebinar will shortly follow welcoming you as an attendee.