Moving into the 2017 calendar year, Jiffy Lube® Ontario and tbk Creative’s goal was to build on the success and momentum that was achieved across Jiffy Lube’s network of stores. To understand the momentum and achievements of 2017 in their fullness, what follows is a brief overview of what was accomplished in 2016 and 2015:
1. Web Enhancements
- Brought all 59 Jiffy Lube® Ontario stores under one domain (jiffylubeontario.com) allowing all 59 stores to act in unison with each other on Google.
- Implemented microsites for all 59 locations, allowing freedom for franchisees to update their own store-specific information.
- Initiated an SEO-centric project to roll out unique content across each location website.
Humanizing and differentiating these microsites contributed to a 112.5% increase in organic sessions landing directly on franchisee store microsites in a 5-month period (year-to-year comparison).
- We introduced a services module, with the services available varying and dynamically changing based on the store location’s service offering, allowing the user to stay on their local Jiffy Lube® microsite vs. being redirected to corporate.
On average, Organic Search traffic increased by 80.7% when looking at a year over year comparable.
2. Custom Promotions Manager
- Created “promotional boxes” that allow franchisees to showcase corporate offers on their local site.
- Gave franchisees the freedom to market to their local audience by implementing functionality to override the corporate offer, giving them the ability to tailor their site with location-specific offers and promotions without having to contact corporate.
3. Online Sweepstakes
- We ran four (4) online sweepstakes, launched strategically during typically lower-revenue months in the year.
- Strategic landing page execution (UI / UX considerations, no navigation to distract, limited copy, etc.).
- Rewarded everyone – Every user who participated received a coupon, which created extra goodwill in the market place for the brand.
All four campaigns generated over 6 million impressions through digital advertising, with an on-page conversion rate of an astounding 41.7%.
4. Digital Advertising
Jiffy Lube® Ontario’s media budget was utilized across Google AdWords Search, Google AdWords Display Network (Remarketing / InMarket / Topic Targeting / Keyword Targeting), Twitter, and the new addition of Instagram advertising which was added based on Jiffy Lube® Ontario’s desire to attract a younger demographic to its stores to introduce the brand to new customers.
The campaign generated over 73.5 million impressions, almost 200,000 website visits, at a cost-per acquisition (CPA) of $7.45.
5. Programmatic Ads
- 2016 had fluctuating weather conditions during the winter season. Based on search trend data, we knew that cold and snowy weather increased the interest in winter services.
- We implemented a script that dynamically switched between two types of creative, depending on the weather conditions, on a city-by-city basis in Ontario.
- When the weather was mild, the creative and messaging focused on the user being proactive and not being caught unprepared.
The campaign efforts generated over 2 million impressions over three months.
6. Email Marketing
- We distributed an email campaign monthly, focusing on promoting the company’s service offering.
- We educated subscribers on Jiffy Lube® Ontario’s philanthropic efforts, newly published blog articles and offers.
The email program generated 1,491 coupon conversions from 4,143 sessions by 2,177 users, at a whopping 68.5% conversion rate, making it the highest-performing channel for the brand for costumer acquisition.