Position: Senior Front End Developer
Type: Full-time; Salary
No. of Positions: 1
Years of Experience: 7 or more years of industry experience
Location: London, ON. or Remote
Start Date: September 21, 2020
Salary: $80,000 to $100,000
Group Benefits: Yes
Reports to: Andre LeFort, VP Technology
You are someone who values elegant solutions to complex business problems. You design, build, and document some of the country’s best software platforms and you do it passion. Writing in modern frameworks and CMS platforms inspire you and you are acute to improving processes and the quality and delivery of your team’s work. You thrive in a team atmosphere and value the ability to focus on challenging problems. You’re committed to open and effortless communication within your team and the entire organization. You value being relied upon by your colleagues and you are inspired to collaborate with other team members while providing excellent value to tbk and its clients.
The Senior Front End Developer will:
- Implement wireframe prototypes into functional websites or website components.
- Integrate digital work products into a standards-compliant WordPress theme, plugin, etc. as required.
- Adhere to WCAG 2.0 Guidelines when authoring and managing digital products.
- Implement enterprise-level, custom web-based software solutions for clients via modern web-based technologies and the delivery of best-in-class progressive web applications.
- Quality assurance testing of integrated artwork into WordPress themes, plugins and other applications as required
- Write effective tests to support unit testing goals.
- Collaborate with designers and accounts representatives to complete tasks related to clients’ marketing and technology desires.
- Provide mentorship to development team members in a way that supports their learning goals, improves them as professionals, and strengthens the quality of the solutions created.
- Provide guidance to creative and technical teams on best practices and technologies to leverage in order to effectively solve business problems.
- Solve technical problems and present solutions to other colleagues (company-wide, where applicable).
- Exceed targets set for the development of software modules.
- Provide project status updates to management and applicable accounts / project management team members.
- Identify project risks and provide solutions to mitigate or avoid such risks.
- Attend and contribute to daily Scrum Stand-ups; listen to and support your team being great.
- Improve any and all areas of the development process within the development team.
- University degree or college diploma in engineering, programming, software development, software design or web design.
- Minimum 4 years professional experience with modern, browser-based frameworks and their concepts. These include but aren’t limited to: ReactJs, Angular, Vue.js.
- Minimum 4 years of professional experience designing and implementing WordPress themes and plugins.
- Strong understanding of web design patterns and theories, general web functions and industry best practices.
- Prior experience within a Quality Assurance (QA) role or QA process within a project. Knowledge of Unit Testing, Continuous Integration and industry standards for coding styles.
- Deep functional knowledge or hands-on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc.).
- Strong grasp of web security principles and how they apply to web-based applications and the protection of sensitive information.
- Prior experience with Git source control management process within an agile structure.
- Professional communication skills—both written and verbal.
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter and resume to jointbk@tbkCreative.com.