Position: Office Coordinator
Type: Salary, Full-Time
Pay Range: $38,000-$44,000
Location: London, ON.
Start Date: July 15, 2019
Salary: To be discussed.
Group Benefits: Yes.
Reports to: Melissa McInerney, CEO, tbk
As the Office Coordinator at tbk you are an integral contributor to tbk’s operations running smoothly. The ideal candidate is customer service orientated, positive-minded and detailed orientated. You are responsible for coordinating various office tasks and functions to ensure office operations run smoothly at all times. Tasks include, but are not limited to, front desk management, answering the phone, executive assistant to the chief executive officer and president, maintaining office supplies, and scheduling meetings and appointments.
- Welcome clients and visitors to the office and assist them as needed
- Perform various clerical tasks as needed (file papers, organize supplies, etc.)
- Take meeting notes and transcribe into email, document or spreadsheet form
- Answer the telephone and route calls to appropriate people
- Receive and deliver phone messages
- Manage, sort, and dispense incoming mail
- Prepare outgoing mail, faxes and packages
- Maintain staff and company calendars
- Coordinate gifts for staff birthdays and anniversaries
- Event planning for tbk team events
- Set appointments, meetings, and conference calls
- Reserve conference spaces for meetings
- Notify and remind all parties of upcoming events, lunches, meetings, etc.
- Assistant functions to the chief executive officer and president
- Plan out of town travel arrangements for managers
- Suggest changes to office task workflow in order to improve efficiency
- Maintain an organized work space at all times
- Clean and tidy public office spaces
- Frequently check office supply stock; reorder supplies when needed
- Track orders and maintain vendor relationships
- Train and assign tasks to new office clerks or interns
- Onboard new staff and train on office software
- Uphold and carry out company office policies and procedures
- Successful completion of post-secondary in a relevant field (e.g. office administration, business management, human resources)
- At least 2 years of professional experience working in office administration or hospitality management is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word
- Asset if proficient in InDesign
- Experience using office machinery (fax, printer, copier, phone systems etc.)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Operates at a high-level of efficiency, accuracy and with attention to detail.
- Organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter and resume to: jointheteam@tbkCreative.com.
A message from the president at tbk, Andrew Schiestel:
tbk takes care in producing some of Canada’s most effective web design, branding, digital marketing and marketing software solutions. The company is comprised of over 40 staff and is based in downtown London, ON. right across from beautiful Victoria Park.
Our company has been recognized for many industry and business awards and for that we’re grateful. For instance, in 2019—and for four consecutive years (2016-2019)—tbk was named Top Web Design Provider in London by Consumer Choice Award. In 2016, tbk was named Small Business of the Year at the London Chamber’s Business Achievement Awards and in 2019, tbk has been named a finalist for Medium-Sized Business of the Year at the same Awards.
By joining our team, you’ll be part of the company’s mission to help make businesses better through effective and intelligent use of technological and creative solutions. Some of our current clients include: 3M® Canada, Extendicare Canada Inc., Hino® Canada, Jiffy Lube® Ontario (59 stores), Yogen Fruz® and Lerners LLP. You may also be involved in projects with tbk’s subsidiary company, AODA Online, a web accessibility software that has serviced over 1,000 corporate users across Canada.
I respect every team member at tbk because they have a sincere desire to produce high-quality solutions that make businesses better while also creating an enjoyable and vibrant work environment for their fellow peers. If you feel like you’d jive as a tbk employee and fit the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you.
Together, we can make things better.
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter and resume to jointheteam@tbkCreative.com.