Position: Intermediate Graphic Designer
Type: Salary; Full-Time
Start Date: June 10, 2019
No. of Positions: 1
Salary: To be discussed
Group Benefits: Yes
Reports to: Melissa McInerney, CEO & Chief Creative Officer
Experience: Minimum three (3) years professional experience in applicable positions
tbk is hiring an experienced and talented graphic designer. The Intermediate Graphic Designer uses design and user experience to solve real world business problems. The position will have have a strength in digital creative asset creation and print. This position is an important point-person at tbk, so they can expect to undertake many important creative and technological projects in a fast-paced and rewarding environment.
- Strong concept development and graphic design ability.
- Typical work includes brand and logo development, print, tradeshow, and digital platforms and programs, including digital advertising.
- Think creatively to develop concepts and layouts while ensuring integrity of all creative is maintained according to brand standards.
- Ability to see artwork through to a finished print or digital-ready stage.
- Excellent time management.
- Ability to multitask.
- Excellent communication skills (ability to work inter-department and directly with client).
- Must be able to work well in a team.
- Must also be able to work effectively to meet client deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Up-to-date digital or printed portfolio is required for review.
- A minimum three (3) years of professional design experience.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, time-management, multitasking and conceptual skills with a high-level sense of design & creativity.
- Experience working in a marketing agency is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge in layout, typography, branding and design principles.
- Strong understanding of colour theory, prepress, die lines and graphic production process.
- Adaptable and quick learner.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong in Adobe Creative Suite (Mac Platform).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work shift quickly between working independently and interdependently.
- Confidence with providing and receiving feedback.
- Illustration skills are a bonus.
- Any additional specialized skill sets (3D, Motion, etc.) are an asset.
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter and resume to: jointheteam@tbkCreative.com.
A message from the president at tbk Creative, Andrew Schiestel:
tbk takes care in producing some of Canada’s most effective web design, branding, digital marketing and marketing software solutions. The company is comprised of 39 team members and is based in downtown London, ON. right across from beautiful Victoria Park.
Our company has been recognized for many industry and business awards and for that we’re grateful. For instance, in 2019—and for four consecutive years (2016-2019)—tbk was named Top Web Design Provider in London by Consumer Choice Award. In 2016, tbk was named Small Business of the Year at the London Chamber’s Business Achievement Awards and in 2019, tbk has been named a finalist for Medium-Sized Business of the Year at the same Awards.
By joining our team, you’ll be part of the company’s mission to help make businesses better through effective and intelligent use of technological and creative solutions. Some of our current clients include 3M® Canada, Extendicare Canada Inc., Hino® Canada, Jiffy Lube® Ontario (59 stores), Yogen Fruz® and Lerners LLP. You may also be involved in projects with tbk’s affiliated company, AODA Online, which is one of Canada’s most popular web accessibility software.
I respect every team member at tbk Creative because they have a sincere desire to produce high-quality solutions that make businesses better while creating an enjoyable and vibrant work environment for everyone. If you feel like you’d jive as a tbk employee and fit the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you.
Together, we can make things better.
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter, resume and portfolio to jointheteam@tbkCreative.com.