Position: Intermediate Front End Developer
Type: Full-time; Salary
No. of Positions: 1
Salary: To be discussed
Group Benefits: Yes
Start Date: September 30th, 2019
Reports to: Andre Lefort, VP Technology
Background on tbk
Working at tbk means joining a world-class team that continues to contribute to Canada’s growing digital creative sector. We value independence, trust, communication, the drive to succeed and the ability to recognize failures. We like to spend our time on things that truly matter, both to our clients and our peers. With a company that was founded as a remote model (now with staff working from both our head office London, ON. office and from their homes across Ontario), you have flexibility in your work environment.
tbk has always had a purposeful focus on technical excellence, and our team of approximately 10 developers is a testament to this commitment. Our team is varied in skill, with experts in every facet of the development and maintenance of websites. We’re looking to add another developer who has seen it all, has forged their knowledge by way of education and “just getting it done” in the trenches. With an agile approach to development and in-house, cloud-based hosting, we control every aspect of a project. We routinely celebrate accomplishments as a team and we acknowledge our failures as well.
The responsibilities of the Intermediate Front End Developer role includes:
- Implement wireframe prototypes into functional websites or website components.
- Integrate digital work products into a standards compliant WordPress theme or plugin as required.
- Adherence to WCAG 2.0 guidelines when authoring and managing digital work products.
- Implement enterprise-level, custom web-based software solutions for clients via modern web-based technologies and the delivery of best-in-class progressive web applications.
- Quality assurance testing of integrated artwork into WordPress themes and plugins as required.
- Write effective tests to support unit testing goals.
- Collaborate with designers and account representatives to complete tasks related to our clients’ marketing and technology needs.
- Provide mentorship to development team members in a way that supports their learning goals, improves them as professionals and strengthens the quality of the solutions created.
- Provide guidance to creative and technical teams on best practices and technologies to leverage in order to effectively solve business problems.
- Solve technical problems and present solutions to other colleagues (company-wide where applicable).
- Exceed targets set for the development of software modules.
- Provide project status updates to the Development Operations Manager, applicable accounts team members and leadership.
- Identify project risks and provide solutions to mitigate or avoid such risk.
- Attend and contribute to the daily Scrum Stand-up; listen and support the entire development team.
- Improve any and all areas of development process within the development team.
- Support in managing network and server infrastructure for client websites and digital products as required.
- University degree or college diploma in engineering, programming, software development, software design or web design.
- Minimum 1-year professional experience with modern, browser-based frameworks and their concepts. These include but aren’t limited to: ReactJs, Angular, Vue.js.
- Working experience designing and implementing WordPress themes and plugins.
- Strong understanding of web design patterns and theories, general web functions and industry standards.
- Prior experience within a quality assurance (QA) role or QA process within a project. Knowledge of unit testing, continuous integration and industry standards for coding styles.
- Deep functional knowledge or hands-on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc.).
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to web-based applications and the protection of sensitive information.
- Prior experience with Git source control management process within an agile structure.
- Professional communication skills, both written and verbal.
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter and resume to: jointheteam@tbkCreative.com.
A message from the president at tbk, Andrew Schiestel:
tbk takes care in producing some of Canada’s most effective web design, branding, digital marketing and marketing software solutions. The company is comprised of over 40 team members and is based in downtown London, ON. right across from beautiful Victoria Park.
Our company has been recognized for many industry and business awards and for that we’re grateful. For instance, in 2019—and for four consecutive years (2016-2019)—tbk was named Top Web Design Provider in London by Consumer Choice Award. In 2016, tbk was named Small Business of the Year at the London Chamber’s Business Achievement Awards and in 2019, tbk was named a finalist for Medium-Sized Business of the Year at the same Awards.
By joining our team, you’ll be part of the company’s mission to help make businesses better through effective and robust use of technological and creative solutions. Some of our current clients include 3M® Canada, Extendicare Canada Inc., Hino® Canada, Jiffy Lube® Ontario (59 stores),Lerners LLP, Old Oak Properties and Tricar, Yogen Fruz®. You may also be involved in projects with tbk’s affiliated company, AODA Online, which is one of Canada’s most popular web accessibility software.
I respect every team member at tbk because they have a sincere desire to produce high-quality solutions that make businesses better while creating an enjoyable and vibrant work environment for everyone. If you feel like you’d jive as an employee at tbk employee and fit the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you.
Together, we can make things better.
Below is a video produced by the Local Employment Planning Council that features tbk Creative as a technology employer in our community:
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter and resume to jointheteam@tbkCreative.com.