Position: Intermediate Designer
Type: Full-time; Salary.
Location: London, ON.
Start Date: To be discussed.
Salary: To be discussed.
Group Benefits: Yes.
Reports to: Melissa McInerney, CEO & Chief Creative Officer
Experience: 3 years minimum
tbk Creative is looking for an experienced designer with at least three years experience. We need someone with big idea experience who fancies the challenge of big idea activation, experiential, promo, digital and point of sale. A designer is an important contact point in our agency, so they can expect to be craft led, strategically aware, platform neutral designers with a desire to transform companies by creating beautiful, intuitive, and human products and experiences.
- Ability to see artwork through to a finished print or digital-ready stage
- Excellent time management
- Ability to multitask
- Strong concept development and graphic design ability
- Typical work includes brand and logo development, print, tradeshow, and digital platforms and programs, including digital advertising
- Think creatively to develop concepts and layouts while ensuring integrity of all creative is maintained according to brand standards
- Excellent communication skills (ability to work inter-department and directly with client)
- Must be able to work well in a team
- Must also be able to work under stress and meet deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Up-to-date digital or printed portfolio is required for review
- 3 years minimum design experience in an agency or in-house work environment is essential
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, time-management, multitasking and conceptual skills with a high-level sense of design & creativity
- Excellent knowledge in layout, typography, branding and design principles
- Strong understanding of colour theory, prepress, die lines and graphic production process
- Adaptable and quick learner
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. No egos needed
- Strong in Adobe Creative Suite (Mac Platform)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently
- Confidence with providing and receiving feedback is essential
- Illustration skills are a bonus
- Any additional specialized skill sets (3D, Motion, etc.) are an asset
- Health insurance benefits at 3 months
- Inspiring and communicative work environment
- Casual dress code
- Many opportunities for growth within the company
- Company events (e.g., in the last four years the have gone to Niagara Falls twice and Blue Mountain Resort twice)
- Freelancers or contract workers need not apply as we are committed to this position being a full-time salaried position.
- We are not looking for programmers/developers although we have other positions for those roles available
- Must be a permanent resident or Canadian citizen
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter and resume to: jointheteam@tbkCreative.com.*
- *Please send your portfolio (link or attachment) along with your resume and cover letter.
A message from the president of tbk Creative, Andrew Schiestel:
tbk Creative is one of Canada’s highest quality providers of web design and digital marketing solutions. The company employs 26 staff and is based in downtown London, Ontario across from beautiful Victoria Park.
In 2016, 2017 and 2018, tbk Creative was named Top Web Design Provider in London Ontario by Consumer Choice Award. And in 2016, with much gratitude, tbk Creative was awarded Small Business of the Year at the London Chamber of Commerce 2016 Business Achievement Awards.
By joining our team, you will be a key part to tbk Creative’s daily mission of helping iconic brands become formidable online. Some of our current clients include 3M® Canada, Hino® Canada, Jiffy Lube® Ontario (59 stores), Yogen Fruz®, and Lerners LLP. You may also be involved in projects with tbk Creative’s affiliated company, AODA Online, which is Canada’s most popular commercial web accessibility software.
I deeply respect every team member at tbk Creative because I know first-hand their hunger to always produce great digital solutions for our clients and their relentless drive to create a great working environment for all our staff. If you want to get a better sense of tbk Creative’s culture, watch the video below:
If you feel like you’d jive with tbk Creative’s culture and fit the requirements of the role, we welcome and look forward to your application.