Position: Associate Intern
No. of Positions: 1
Type: 4-month tenure; Non-Paid
Pre-Requisite: Must be actively enrolled in an Ontario post-secondary institution for duration of tenure
Location: London, ON
Start Date: September 2020
End Date: December 2020
Reports To: Kylie McConnell, Director of Accounts
Associate Intern (Fall 2020) Position:
The Associate Intern is an enthusiastic self-starter with a passion to learn more about web and digital marketing through hands-on practice. The Associate Intern will gain invaluable experience working in an agency setting by assisting with administrative duties and client production tasks to help tbk execute web design projects, digital marketing and creative campaigns.
Responsibilities of the Associate Intern position include:
- Throughout the duration of a 4-month internship tenure, the Associate Intern will support tbk in some, or all, of the following initiatives:
- website content loading;
- social media content creation;
- website quality assurance and User Acceptance Testing;
- SEO research and implementation;
- media outreach;
- blog copywriting;
- social media content production;
- CRM/database management;
- industry research projects;
- and more.
Skills required for the Associate Intern position include:
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary diploma/degree program in an applicable field (e.g., marketing, public relations, communications, business management).
- Strong self-motivation and care for doing great work.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively and problem-solve.
- High level of confidence and courage to ask questions.
- Comfort and competence with Microsoft Office’s suite of software.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with Google Ads and Google Analytics is an asset.
- Prior experience working on web design or digital marketing projects is an asset.
- Prior desktop publishing (e.g., Adobe Creative Suites), video editing, and WordPress content management experience is an asset.
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter and resume to jointheteam@tbkCreative.com.
A message from the president at tbk, Andrew Schiestel:
Thank you for your interest in a career with tbk. To give you background, tbk is a company that helps other companies successfully compete. We do this through producing some of Canada’s most effective web design, branding, digital marketing and marketing software solutions. The company is comprised of over 40 staff members and is based in downtown London, ON. right across from beautiful Victoria Park.
Our company has been recognized for many industry and business awards and for that we’re grateful. In 2020, tbk was named to the Canadian Business Growth 500 list which ranks “Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies”. In 2016, tbk was named Small Business of the Year at the London Chamber’s Business Achievement Awards. And for five consecutive years (2016-2020), tbk has been named Top Web Design Provider in London by Consumer Choice Award.
By joining our team, you’ll be part of the company’s mission to help make businesses better through innovative uses of technological, digital and creative solutions. Some of our current clients include: 3M® Canada, Davis Martindale LLP, Eckler Ltd., Extendicare Canada Inc., Hino® Canada, Jiffy Lube® Ontario (59 stores), Lerners LLP, Old Oak Properties, Tricar and Yogen Fruz®. You may also be involved in projects with tbk’s subsidiary company, AODA Online, a web accessibility software that has serviced over 1,000 corporate users across Canada.
tbk is passionate about improving the community too. We established tbk’s Women in Tech Scholarship which pays for the first year tuition of a female student entering Fanshawe College’s Interactive Media Design program. If staff have large vet bills, we pay for them (75% up to $3,000 per incident) through tbk’s Molly Fund. And this past summer, tbk’s Molly Fund opened to the public where families who have a dog that requires a medical amputation surgery can apply to the Fund for financial assistance.
I respect every team member at tbk because they strive to improve the lives of their team, our clients and our community. If you feel like you’d jive as a tbk employee and fit the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you.
Together, we can make things better.
Please notify us if you require accommodations to assist in your application for this position.
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.