Type: Full-time; Salaried.
Position: Associate Art Director
Salary: To be discussed.
Group Benefits: Yes.
Reports to: Melissa McInerney, CEO & Chief Creative Officer
The Associate Art Director will play a critical role in tbk Creative’s continued delivery of excellent web design and digital marketing solutions. She will immediately step into a role as a respected leader in the company, will be mentored directly by tbk Creative’s CEO & Chief Executive Officer, Melissa McInerney and will have the high potential to become an executive at tbk Creative in the future.
A message from the president at tbk Creative, Andrew Schiestel:
At 29 staff members, tbk Creative produces amongst the highest quality web design and digital marketing solutions in Canada. Our office is located in downtown London, Ontario across from Victoria Park.
In 2016, the company was awarded “Small Business of the Year” at the London Chamber of Commerce Business Achievement Awards, and for 2019, tbk Creative was named Top Web Design Provider – for a fourth consecutive year (2016-2019) – in London by Consumer Choice Award.
By joining our team, you’ll be a part to tbk Creative’s mission of helping iconic brands become formidable online. Some of our clients include 3M® Canada, Hino® Motors Canada, Jiffy Lube® Ontario (59 stores), Extendicare, Yogen Fruz® and Lerners LLP. You may also be involved in projects with tbk Creative’s affiliated company, AODA Online, a web accessibility software company that has serviced over one-thousand corporate user.
Each member at tbk Creative I respect, because they have a deep hunger to produce effective digital solutions for our clients and they’re relentless in their support for each other.
The Associate Art Director will work alongside tbk Creative’s CEO and Chief Creative Officer, Melissa McInerney, and will be groomed to take on an executive role in the company. To get a better sense of who Melissa McInerney is and her commitment to corporate excellence, her colleagues and our client base, here’s a video of her acceptance speech at the Business London magazine’s 2016 20 Under 40 Awards Gala:
If you feel like you’d jive with tbk Creative’s culture and fit the requirements of the role, we welcome your application.
Associate Art Director Responsibilities:
- Determine how best to represent a concept visually
- Determine which photographs, art or other design elements to use
- Develop the overall look and style of a website, print piece or other marketing campaign
- Review and approve designs, artwork, photography, and graphics developed by colleagues
- Talk to clients to develop an artistic approach and style
- Coordinate activities with other artistic and creative departments
- Present designs to clients for approval
- Create website and digital wireframes using latest UI/UX techniques
- Represent tbk Creative’s brand in sales meetings
- Assist senior management with marketing strategy development
- Successful completion of a post-secondary program (degree, diploma or certificate) in an applicable field
- Senior understanding of project management processes
- At least 3 years digital marketing agency experience specifically managing web design projects and campaigns
- Flawless grammar and punctuation skills
- An intermediate understanding of web analytics
- Basic understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Not necessarily an expert in all but a high understanding of popular digital marketing programs such as digital advertising, email marketing, blogging, social marketing, SEO, etc. and how they integrate within of a marketing strategy.
- Ability to use Adobe design programs (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter and resume to: Melissa@tbkCreative.com.