Position: Associate Art Director
Type: Full-time; Salaried.
No. of Positions: 1
Start Date: May 15, 2019
Salary: To be discussed
Group Benefits: Yes
Reports to: Melissa McInerney, CEO & Chief Creative Officer
The Associate Art Director will play a critical role in tbk Creative’s continued delivery of excellent web design and digital marketing solutions. She will immediately step into a role as a respected leader in the company, will be mentored directly by tbk Creative’s CEO & Chief Executive Officer, Melissa McInerney and will have the high potential to become an executive at tbk Creative in the future.
Associate Art Director Responsibilities:
- Determine how best to represent a concept visually
- Determine which photographs, art or other design elements to use
- Develop the overall look and style of a website, print piece or other marketing campaign
- Review and approve designs, artwork, photography, and graphics developed by colleagues
- Talk to clients to develop an artistic approach and style
- Coordinate activities with other artistic and creative departments
- Present designs to clients for approval
- Create website and digital wireframes using latest UI/UX techniques
- Represent tbk Creative’s brand in sales meetings
- Assist senior management with marketing strategy development
- Successful completion of a post-secondary program (degree, diploma or certificate) in an applicable field
- Senior understanding of project management processes
- At least 3 years digital marketing agency experience specifically managing web design projects and campaigns
- Flawless grammar and punctuation skills
- An intermediate understanding of web analytics
- Basic understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Not necessarily an expert in all but a high understanding of popular digital marketing programs such as digital advertising, email marketing, blogging, social marketing, SEO, etc. and how they integrate within of a marketing strategy.
- Ability to use Adobe design programs (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter and resume to: jointheteam@tbkCreative.com.
A message from the president at tbk, Andrew Schiestel:
tbk takes care in producing some of Canada’s most effective web design, branding, digital marketing and marketing software solutions. The company is comprised of 39 team members and is based in downtown London, ON. right across from beautiful Victoria Park.
Our company has been recognized for many industry and business awards and for that we’re grateful. For instance, in 2019—and for four consecutive years (2016-2019)—tbk was named Top Web Design Provider in London by Consumer Choice Award. In 2016, tbk was named Small Business of the Year at the London Chamber’s Business Achievement Awards and in 2019, tbk has been named a finalist for Medium-Sized Business of the Year at the same Awards.
By joining our team, you’ll be part of the company’s mission to help make businesses better through effective and intelligent use of technological and creative solutions. Some of our current clients include 3M® Canada, Extendicare Canada Inc., Hino® Canada, Jiffy Lube® Ontario (59 stores), Yogen Fruz® and Lerners LLP. You may also be involved in projects with tbk’s affiliated company, AODA Online, which is one of Canada’s most popular web accessibility software.
I respect every team member at tbk Creative because they have a sincere desire to produce high-quality solutions that make businesses better while creating an enjoyable and vibrant work environment for everyone. If you feel like you’d jive as a tbk employee and fit the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you.
Together, we can make things better.
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter and resume to jointheteam@tbkCreative.com.