Position: Account Manager
Type: Salary; Full-Time
Location: London, ON.
Start Date: May 1, 2019
Salary: To be discussed
Group Benefits: Yes
Reports to: Kylie McConnell, Director of Accounts
The Account Manager is the primary relationship owner for an assigned group of client accounts with responsibility for retention and growth of those clients. The Account Manager works across a number of verticals, leading a variety of web, digital and creative projects, and ensures final assets and campaigns are delivered to the highest degree of quality and performance. The Account Manager has an important position in that they straddle both standing for the success of the client and tbk Creative – striving to create ongoing win-win relationships. Without a strong account manager guiding a client relationship, a client account won’t reach its fullest potential.
- Oversee the project management of web design, digital marketing and other creative projects (e.g., video, sell sheets, logo design, stationary/collateral, etc.).
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of solutions in accordance with customer needs and objectives.
- Strategize and offer new web design, digital marketing and creative solutions to clients where there is opportunity for the client to generate better business performance.
- Lead the production team to compile regular performance reports.
- Act as the primary point of contact for clients; answer and quickly respond to client emails and phone calls; lead client meetings; deliver performance reports.
- Proactively identify product and service issues and resolve them expeditiously.
- Work with the development, digital, creative and content teams to consistently improve client websites and digital marketing campaigns for optimal success and to better serve the overall success of the given strategy.
- Partner with tbk Creative’s leadership to develop strategy, participate in sales and consulting meetings and assist in the creation of Statements of Work.
- Manage account budgets mindfully and successfully.
- Achieve company-set billing targets for a given client portfolio.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary program in a relevant field (e.g., marketing, public relations, communications, business).
- At least 2 years of experience in professional client relationship and project management.
- Demonstrated ability to devise and implement strategies that benefit clients.
- Proven ability to lead the management of web, digital marketing and creative projects; delivering top-quality work in accordance with project scope, budget and timelines.
- Ability to absorb, process and effectively communicate complex/technical information in a way that is easy for clients and colleagues to understand.
- Ability to identify a client’s value propositions and communicate such in a clear, concise manner;
- Ability to understand clients’ needs/requests and fulfill on such individually or identifying the proper subject matter expert at the company to support them.
- Strong ability to problem solve, plan, strategize and deliver meaningful web/digital service or product solutions to clients.
- Takes initiative to set own goals and commitments to professional development; takes ownership of one’s own performance; sets and manages the achievement of goals; monitors progress and communicates/asks for help when off pace to achieve a goal.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment; able to effectively prioritize, escalate and follow-through on expected deliverables in accordance with deadlines and urgent matters.
- Exceptional relationship management skills; ability to listen, understand, empathize and connect with clients.
- Employs a strong understanding of web/digital analytics and uses such knowledge to glean meaningful insights and deliver strategic recommendations to improve marketing performance.
- Above average skill-set in Microsoft Office’s suite of software including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong familiarity with Google AdWords and Google Analytics.
- Excellent ability to track performance in spreadsheets.
- Stellar analytical, organizational and time-management skills.
- Exceptional listener; authentically understands a situation before responding with recommended solutions.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter and resume to: jointheteam@tbkCreative.com.
A message from the president at tbk Creative, Andrew Schiestel:
tbk takes care in producing some of Canada’s most effective web design, branding, digital marketing and marketing software solutions. The company is comprised of 39 team members and is based in downtown London, ON. right across from beautiful Victoria Park.
Our company has been recognized for many industry and business awards and for that we’re grateful. For instance, in 2019—and for four consecutive years (2016-2019)—tbk was named Top Web Design Provider in London by Consumer Choice Award. In 2016, tbk was named Small Business of the Year at the London Chamber’s Business Achievement Awards and in 2019, tbk has been named a finalist for Medium-Sized Business of the Year at the same Awards.
By joining our team, you’ll be part of the company’s mission to help make businesses better through effective and intelligent use of technological and creative solutions. Some of our current clients include 3M® Canada, Extendicare Canada Inc., Hino® Canada, Jiffy Lube® Ontario (59 stores), Yogen Fruz® and Lerners LLP. You may also be involved in projects with tbk’s affiliated company, AODA Online, which is one of Canada’s most popular web accessibility software.
I respect every team member at tbk Creative because they have a sincere desire to produce high-quality solutions that make businesses better while creating an enjoyable and vibrant work environment for everyone. If you feel like you’d jive as a tbk employee and fit the requirements of this position, we look forward to hearing from you.
Together, we can make things better.
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter and resume to jointheteam@tbkCreative.com.