Type: Full-time; Salaried
Position: Account Coordinator
Location: London, Ontario
Salary: To be discussed
Group Benefits: Yes
Start Date: To be discussed
Reports to: Kylie McConnell, Director of Accounts
tbk Creative is hiring a full-time Account Coordinator. To thrive in this role, you’re someone who is a great communicator (written and verbal), you thrive on things in your life being organized and tidy, you’re a self-starter, and you’re looking to serve a greater mission.
A message from the president of tbk Creative, Andrew Schiestel:
At 29 staff members, tbk Creative produces amongst the highest quality web design and digital marketing solutions in Canada. Our office is located in downtown London, Ontario across from Victoria Park.
In 2016, the company was awarded “Small Business of the Year” at the London Chamber of Commerce Business Achievement Awards, and for 2019, tbk Creative was named Top Web Design Provider – for a fourth consecutive year (2016-2019) – in London by Consumer Choice Award.
By joining our team, you’ll be a part to tbk Creative’s mission of helping iconic brands become formidable online. Some of our clients include 3M® Canada, Hino® Motors Canada, Jiffy Lube® Ontario (59 stores), Extendicare, Yogen Fruz® and Lerners LLP. You may also be involved in projects with tbk Creative’s affiliated company, AODA Online, a web accessibility software company that has serviced over one-thousand corporate user.
Each member at tbk Creative I respect, because they have a deep hunger to produce effective digital solutions for our clients and they’re relentless in their support for each other.
If you feel like you’d jive with tbk Creative’s culture and fit the requirements of the role, we welcome and greatly look forward to your application.
Account Coordinator Responsibilities:
There are three primary areas of this role. They are, but not limited to:
1. Account Coordinator and Digital Duties
- You will work alongside various departments at tbk Creative and assist the team with web design, PR, and digital marketing duties. Some could include:
- Website copywriting
- Blog copywriting
- Website content loading
- Note taking
- Browser testing and quality assurance on website projects
- Social channel management
- Press release writing
- Public relations initiative and media outreach
- Client support and assigned duties
- Travel to client meetings off-site when required
At tbk Creative, we know The Best is All That Matters.™, especially when it comes to our clients. When clients place their trust in us as their partner in digital, we make it our mission to ensure they have the most fruitful and enjoyable experience possible.
With this mission in mind, mentorship and training support are top priorities within the Accounts Department at tbk Creative. Account Coordinators participate in a robust account management training program that spans anywhere from 6-24 months. They are given the opportunity to shadow Account Managers in meetings, participate in daily training sessions with the Director of Accounts/Director of Digital Operations and provide coordination support for many of tbk Creative’s website projects and digital marketing programs.
Once the Account Coordinator has achieved a specific performance score across a variety of account management skills, they will have the opportunity to be given an introductory client portfolio and gain tangible experience leading their own accounts with the support of senior team members.
This approach allows Account Coordinators to build their autonomy and progress their account management skills forward with the goal of eventually growing into an Account Manager position.
2. Office Management
- With a team of 25 and growing, there’s a lot going on during the day with meetings, incoming phone calls, and team schedules. Some of your duties will include:
- Answering the phone
- Office supply management
- Organizing team lunches
- Supporting special projects within the company
- Team member scheduling
3. Human Resources Duties
- One of tbk Creative’s primary commitments is that our team members live great lives. As part of this, we have regular social events we schedule (e.g. the last two years the team went away on a weekend to Blue Mountain Resort) and community initiatives that need managed. Here are some of the functions you will handle:
- Planning team social events
- Planning the company’s participation in community initiatives
- Organizing team lunches and dinners
- Successful completion of a post-secondary program (university degree preferred) in an applicable field (public relations/communications, marketing, business etc.)
- Basic understanding of project management processes
- Above average skillset in Office’s suite of products including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Digital marketing agency experience specifically managing web design and/or digital marketing projects is preferred
- A basic understanding of web analytics is preferred
- Experience working with popular digital marketing mediums from an accounts perspective such as digital advertising, email marketing, blogging, social marketing, SEO, and other various online campaigns is preferred
- Critical Thinking – Ability to absorb, process and effectively communicate complex/technical information in a way that is easy to understand.
- Internal and external communication – Ability to identify a client’s value propositions and communicate these in a clear, concise manner. Ability to understand clients’ needs/requests and be able to say it back to them or identify the proper subject matter expert at tbk Creative to support them.
- Planning and Organization – Set daily schedules, properly assess and organize tasks based on priority.
- Time Management – Management of time in the most efficient way possible.
- Goal Setting – Sets own goals around conversations that demonstrates a commitment to professional development; takes ownership of own performance; manages goal attainment; able to set reasonable goals; monitor progress and communicate/ask for help when off pace for goal attainment.
- Active Listening – Able to identify client/team member needs; asks great questions & listens.
To apply for this role, you may send a cover letter and resume to: jointheteam@tbkCreative.com.