accessible for people with physical disabilities. Since inception, the software has serviced over one-thousand corporate users.
In 2014, Schiestel was asked to serve as a director on the Board of Directors of the London Chamber of Commerce. In 2017, he served a term as President (Chair), making him the second youngest President in the organization’s 160+ year history.
Amongst authoring other digital economy policies (i.e., on the sharing economy and innovation), through the London Chamber, Schiestel was one of the authors of the 2015 delegate-approved Canadian Chamber policy on Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) reform. In 2017, he founded Lighten CASL Inc. a not-for-profit organization committed to CASL being improved to be easier for companies to comply with while still protecting consumers. That same year he appeared as an expert witness before the House of Commons INDU Committee in Ottawa as part of their Statutory Review of the legislation.
His business articles have been published in The Financial Post, The Globe and Mail and The London Free Press.
He can be reached at Andrew@tbkCreative.com.
- President at tbk Creative
- Co-Founder of AODA Online
- Founder of Lighten CASL Inc.
- Former President (Chair) of the London Chamber of Commerce
- Witness to the House of Commons INDU Committee for their 2017 statutory review of Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL)
- Business articles have been published in The Financial Post, The Globe and Mail and The London Free Press
Schiestel fielding an audience question re: CASL compliance and reform at the 2017 Data Marketing TO conference.
Schiestel speaking about web accessibility at the 2017 CSAE national conference in St. John’s, NL.
Schiestel speaking about content marketing at the 2017 CSAE national conference in St. John’s, NL.