Type: Full-time; Salary.
Position: This position has been filled
Salary: To be discussed.
Group Benefits: Yes.
Start Date: October 9, 2017
Reports to: Andre Lefort, VP Technology
Junior Front End Developer Responsibilities:
tbk Creative is hiring a full-time Junior Front End Developer. To thrive in this role, you love solving complex problems with elegantly simple solutions, you’re a great communicator (verbal and written), you like learning new things, are a self-starter, and want to be part of and serve a greater mission.
A message from the president of tbk Creative, Andrew Schiestel:
tbk Creative is one of Canada’s highest quality providers of web design and digital marketing solutions. The company employs 20 staff and is based in downtown London, Ontario across from beautiful Victoria Park.
In 2016, the company was awarded “Small Business of the Year” at the London Chamber of Commerce Business Achievement Awards, and in 2018 tbk Creative was named top “Web Design” provider (three consecutive years – 2016, 2017, & 2018) and top “Online Marketing” provider in London, Ontario by Consumer Choice Award.
By joining our team, you will be a key part to tbk Creative’s daily mission of helping iconic brands become formidable online. Some of our current clients include 3M® Canada, Hino® Canada, Jiffy Lube® Ontario (59 stores), Yogen Fruz®, and Lerners LLP. You may also be involved in projects with tbk Creative’s affiliated company, AODA Online, which is one of Canada’s most popular web accessibility softwares.
I deeply respect every team member at tbk Creative because I know first-hand their hunger to always produce great digital solutions for our clients and their relentless drive to create a great working environment for all our staff. Below is a video produced by the Local Employment Planning Council that features tbk Creative as a technology employer in our community:
If you feel like you’d jive with tbk Creative’s culture and fit the requirements of the role, we welcome and look forward to your application.
The responsibilities of the Junior Front End Developer role includes:
- Designing web pages and their elements in the browser when required
- Working knowledge of content management systems (WordPress is preferred)
- Collaborate with designers, copywriters and account managers to complete tasks related to our clients’ marketing needs
- Solve technical problems and present solutions to other developers, account managers and designers
- Successful completion of a post-secondary program (degree, diploma or certificate) in an applicable field
- Understanding of design patterns, general web functions and industry standards
- Prior experience with Git source control management process within an agile structure
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. In your role you will be asked to provide daily updates to tbk Creative’s VP of Technology.
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter and resume to: jointheteam@tbkCreative.com.