Type: Full-time; Salary.
Position: Junior Front End Developer
No. of Positions: 1
Salary: To be discussed.
Group Benefits: Yes.
Start Date: To be discussed.
Reports to: Andre Lefort, VP Technology
Junior Front End Developer Responsibilities:
tbk Creative is hiring 1 full-time Junior Front End Developer. To thrive in this role, you love solving complex problems with elegantly simple solutions, you’re a great communicator (verbal and written), you like learning new things, are a self-starter, and want to be part of and serve a greater mission.
A message from the president of tbk Creative, Andrew Schiestel:
tbk Creative is one of Canada’s highest quality providers of web design and digital marketing solutions. The company employs 20 staff and is based in downtown London, Ontario across from beautiful Victoria Park.
In 2016 and 2017 (two years in a row), tbk Creative was named Top Web Design Provider in London Ontario by Consumer Choice Award. And in 2016, with much gratitude, tbk Creative was awarded Small Business of the Year at the London Chamber of Commerce 2016 Business Achievement Awards.
By joining our team, you will be a key part to tbk Creative’s daily mission of helping iconic brands become formidable online. Some of our current clients include 3M® Canada, Hino® Canada, Jiffy Lube® Ontario (59 stores), Yogen Fruz®, and Lerners LLP. You may also be involved in projects with tbk Creative’s affiliated company, AODA Online, which is one of Canada’s most popular web accessibility softwares.
I deeply respect every team member at tbk Creative because I know first-hand their hunger to always produce great digital solutions for our clients and their relentless drive to create a great working environment for all our staff. Below is a video produced by the Local Employment Planning Council that features tbk Creative as a technology employer in our community:
If you feel like you’d jive with tbk Creative’s culture and fit the requirements of the role, we welcome and look forward to your application.
The responsibilities of the Front End Web Developer role include:
- Authoring responsive web designs from photoshop files and/or in-browser design and development
- Develop usable and attractive responsive web designs from a desktop Photoshop design file
- Writing effective tests to support unit testing goals set within the department
- Collaborate with designers and account managers to complete tasks related to our clients’ marketing needs
- Solve technical problems and present solutions to other developers, account managers, and designers
- Successful completion of a degree or diploma in an applicable field.
- The ability to follow and enforce strict modern HTML/CSS/JS coding styles
- Working knowledge of CSS grid systems
- Working knowledge of Web Standards, including W3C, and WCAG compliance
- Prior experience with Git source control management process within an agile structure
- Strong communication skills, both written, and verbal. In your role, you will be asked to provide daily updates to the VP of Technology. You will also be asked to provide bi-weekly updates on larger departmental and professional development goals
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter and resume to jointheteam@tbkCreative.com.