Type: Full-time; Salary.
Position: Intermediate Back End Developer
Salary: To be discussed.
Group Benefits: Yes.
Start Date: September 18, 2017
Reports to: Andre Lefort, VP Technology
Intermediate Back End Developer Responsibilities:
tbk Creative is hiring a full-time Intermediate Back End Developer. To thrive in this role, you love solving complex problems with elegantly simple solutions, you’re a great communicator (verbal and written), you like learning new things, are a self-starter, and want to be part of and serve a greater mission.
A message from the president of tbk Creative, Andrew Schiestel:
tbk Creative is one of Canada’s highest quality providers of web design and digital marketing solutions. The company employs 20 staff and is based in downtown London, Ontario across from beautiful Victoria Park.
In 2016 and 2017 (two years in a row), tbk Creative was named Top Web Design Provider in London Ontario by Consumer Choice Award. And in 2016, with much gratitude, tbk Creative was awarded Small Business of the Year at the London Chamber of Commerce 2016 Business Achievement Awards.
By joining our team, you will be a key part to tbk Creative’s daily mission of helping iconic brands become formidable online. Some of our current clients include 3M® Canada, Hino® Canada, Jiffy Lube® Ontario (59 stores), Yogen Fruz®, and Lerners LLP. You may also be involved in projects with tbk Creative’s affiliated company, AODA Online, which is one of Canada’s most popular web accessibility softwares.
I deeply respect every team member at tbk Creative because I know first-hand their hunger to always produce great digital solutions for our clients and their relentless drive to create a great working environment for all our staff. Below is a video produced by the Local Employment Planning Council that features tbk Creative as a technology employer in our community:
If you feel like you’d jive with tbk Creative’s culture and fit the requirements of the role, we welcome and look forward to your application.
The responsibilities of the Intermediate Back End Developer role includes:
- Writing clean, and reusable PHP code within WordPress themes and plugins
- Integrate systems via web services and APIs to support our clients’ marketing needs
- Writing effective tests to support unit testing goals set within the department
- Collaborate with designers and account managers to complete tasks related to our clients’ marketing needs
- Solve technical problems and present solutions to other developers, account managers and designers
- Minimum 3 years professional experience designing and implementing websites in the PHP scripting language
- Minimum 1 year professional experience designing and implementing WordPress themes and plugins
- Minimum 1 year professional experience writing, analyzing and optimizing SQL queries, MySQL experience preferred
- Strong understanding of design patterns, general web functions and industry standards
- Prior experience within a quality assurance (QA) role or QA process within a project. Knowledge of Unit Testing, Continuous Integration and industry standards for coding styles is required.
- Deep functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc ..) is needed to be successful in this position
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to E-Commerce applications, and the protection of sensitive information.
- Prior experience with Git source control management process within an agile structure
- Working knowledge of PHP Frameworks and their Concepts: CodeIgniter, Symfony, Laravel, Zend Framework
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. In your role you will be asked to provide daily updates to the VP of Technology. You will also be asked to provide bi weekly updates on larger departmental and professional development goals.
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter and resume to: jointheteam@tbkCreative.com.