Position: Developer Operations Manager
Type: Full-time; Salary.
Salary: To be discussed.
Group Benefits: Yes.
Start Date: To be discussed.
Reports to: Andre Lefort, VP Technology
An introduction to the role (written by Andre Lefort, VP Technology):
tbk Creative is recognized as one of Canada’s premiere WordPress agencies – with 25 staff members; 14 of which are developers – and a focus on enterprise level solutions powered by the flexible and robust WordPress content management system. At tbk Creative, we help iconic brands become formidable online.
Working at tbk Creative means joining a productive, communicative, ambitious team that is driven to continue to be amongst the best in Canada. We value independence, trust, communication, the drive to succeed and the ability to recognize failures. We like to spend our time on things that truly matter, both to our clients and our peers. With a company that was founded as a remote model (now with staff working from both our head office London, ON. office and from home), you have flexibility in your work environment.
tbk Creative has always had an intentional focus on technical excellence, and our team of 14 developers (56% of our workforce) is a testament to this commitment. Our team is varied in skill, with experts in every facet of the development and maintenance of websites. We’re looking to add another developer who’s seen it all, has forged their knowledge by way of education and “just getting it done” in the trenches. With an agile approach to development and in-house, cloud based hosting, we control every aspect of a project. We routinely celebrate accomplishments as a team and we acknowledge our failures as well.
To thrive in this role, you love solving complex problems with elegantly simple solutions, you’re a great communicator (verbal and written), you like learning new things, are a self-starter, and want to be part of and serve a greater mission.
A message from the president of tbk Creative, Andrew Schiestel:
tbk Creative is one of Canada’s highest quality providers of web design and digital marketing solutions. The company employs 23 staff members and is based in downtown London, Ontario across from beautiful Victoria Park.
In 2016, the company was awarded “Small Business of the Year” at the London Chamber of Commerce Business Achievement Awards, and in 2018 tbk Creative was named both top “Web Design” provider (three consecutive years – 2016, 2017, & 2018) and top “Online Marketing” provider in London, Ontario by Consumer Choice Award.
By joining our team, you will be a key part to tbk Creative’s daily mission of helping iconic brands become formidable online. Some of our current clients include 3M® Canada, Hino® Motors Canada, Jiffy Lube® Ontario (59 stores), Yogen Fruz®, and Lerners LLP. You may also be involved in projects with tbk Creative’s affiliated company, AODA Online, which is one of Canada’s most popular web accessibility softwares.
I deeply respect every team member at tbk Creative because I know first-hand their hunger to always produce great digital solutions for our clients and their relentless drive to create a great working environment for all our staff. Below is a video produced by the Local Employment Planning Council that features tbk Creative as a technology employer in our community:
If you feel like you’d jive with tbk Creative’s culture and fit the requirements of the role, we welcome and look forward to your application.
The responsibilities of the Developer Operations Manager role include:
- Manage day-to-day orchestration of developer requirements to complete their daily and weekly goals. You’ll be responsible for ensuring the members of the development team have what they need to succeed.
- Solve technical problems and present solutions to other developers, account managers, and designers
- Analyze current processes and identify areas of waste and propose process improvements to reduce wasted effort.
- Facilitate in code reviews, ensuring our corporate quality guidelines are enforced.
- Collaborate with designers, digital specialists and account managers to plan and implement tasks related to our clients’ marketing needs.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience designing and implementing websites with preference in LAMP stack.
- Minimum 1-year professional experience writing, analyzing and optimizing SQL queries; MySQL experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of design patterns, general web functions and industry standards.
- Prior experience within a quality assurance (QA) role or QA process within a project. Knowledge of Unit Testing, Continuous Integration and industry standards for coding styles is required.
- Deep functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc ..) is needed to be successful in this role.
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to e-commerce applications, and the protection of sensitive information.
- Prior experience in code release management, including both waterfall and agile SDLC.
- A commitment to process improvement, a drive to automate what can be automated.
- Prior experience with Git source control management process within an agile structure.
- Working knowledge of PHP Frameworks and their concepts: CodeIgniter, Symfony, Laravel, Zend Framework
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal. In your role, you will be asked to provide daily updates to the vice president of technology. You will also be asked to provide bi-weekly updates on larger departmental and professional development goals.
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter and resume to: jointheteam@tbkCreative.com.