Type: Full-time; Salaried.
Position: Associate Art Director
Salary: To be discussed.
Group Benefits: Yes.
Start Date: February or March 2017
Reports to: Melissa McInerney, CEO & Chief Creative Officer
The Associate Art Director will play a critical role in tbk Creative’s continued delivery of excellent web design and digital marketing solutions. She will immediately step into a role as a respected leader in the company, will be mentored directly by tbk Creative’s CEO & Chief Executive Officer, Melissa McInerney and will has the high potential to become an executive at tbk Creative in the future.
A message from the president at tbk Creative, Andrew Schiestel:
tbk Creative is one of Canada’s highest quality providers of web design and digital marketing solutions. The company employs 24 staff members and is based in downtown London, Ontario across from beautiful Victoria Park.
In 2016, the company was awarded “Small Business of the Year” at the London Chamber of Commerce Business Achievement Awards, and in 2018 tbk Creative was named both top “Web Design” provider (three consecutive years – 2016, 2017, & 2018) and top “Online Marketing” provider in London, Ontario by Consumer Choice Award.
By joining our team, you will be a key part to tbk Creative’s daily mission of helping iconic brands become formidable online. Some of our current clients include 3M® Canada, Hino® Motors Canada, Jiffy Lube® Ontario (59 stores), Yogen Fruz® and Lerners LLP. You may also be involved in projects with tbk Creative’s affiliated company, AODA Online, which is one of Canada’s most popular web accessibility softwares.
I deeply respect every team member at tbk Creative because I know first-hand the hunger to always produce great digital solutions for our clients and their relentless drive to create a great working environment for all our staff. In this particular position, the Associate Art Director will work along side tbk Creative’s CEO and Chief Creative Officer and will be groomed to take on an executive role in the company one day. To get a better sense of who Melissa McInerney is and her commitment to corporate excellence, her staff colleagues and our client base, here’s a video of her accepting an award at the Business London magazine’s 2016 20 Under 40 awards gala:
If you feel like you’d jive with tbk Creative’s culture and fit the requirements of the role, we welcome and look forward to your application.
Associate Art Director Responsibilities:
- Determine how best to represent a concept visually
- Determine which photographs, art or other design elements to use
- Develop the overall look and style of a website, print piece or other marketing campaign
- Review and approve designs, artwork, photography, and graphics developed by colleagues
- Talk to clients to develop an artistic approach and style
- Coordinate activities with other artistic and creative departments
- Present designs to clients for approval
- Create website and digital wireframes using latest UI/UX techniques
- Represent tbk Creative’s brand in sales meetings
- Assist senior management with marketing strategy development
- Successful completion of a post-secondary program (degree, diploma or certificate) in an applicable field
- Senior understanding of project management processes
- At least 3 years digital marketing agency experience specifically managing web design projects and campaigns
- Flawless grammar and punctuation skills
- An intermediate understanding of web analytics
- Basic understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Not necessarily an expert in all but a high understanding of popular digital marketing programs such as digital advertising, email marketing, blogging, social marketing, SEO, etc. and how they integrate within of a marketing strategy.
- Ability to use Adobe design programs (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
To apply for this role, please send a cover letter and resume to: melissa@tbkCreative.com.